Friday, March 20, 2009

Beatles - Musical Inspiration


I started listening to Rock N Roll when I was in college somewhere in 1997/8, It was like I wanted to break free and Rock N Roll set me free ..., One of my favourites are the Beatles, but back then I had not listened to much of their work until lately, now that I am able to afford the cost and also the web becoming a commodity only second to electricity, media has become more accessible.

Beatles - A band from the English neighbourhood of Liverpool England formed in the early 60s.
The Band members were Paul Mc Cartney, John Lenon, George Harrison and Ringo Starr, each of them a musical legend by themselves, Even after 50 years, the Beatles are an inspiration to many other popular Rock and Roll bands, Bands yet to come and of course people like me to understand music with much more detail.

Initially I used to listen to their songs which mostly revolved around love and all the mush like
I feel fine, She Loved You, Love me do, A hard day's night, I wont to hold your hand, ... and always wondered what's great about these guys, somehow I went on build an opinion and categorized them so ..., and almost stopped listening to them, and almost forgot them in my pursuit of better and harder music, the only collection I had then was a tape which had songs from their movies (Reel Music)

Life after college has literally become like a roller coster ride, in and out of jobs, you start living for working as if your life is written off to your employer and somehow you start thinking it is a privilege, until one day when I got that minute to take a look at myself, and ask where has all the music gone.

Lately have started listening to a lot of blues and a little jazz too, well once again stumbled upon the Beatles, however this time I have explored more of the Beatles than before thanks to the web (wikipedia in particular) ...

Beatles - From a chocolate boy band to a Rock band of all times, if you listened to their songs like I want to hold your hand and watch the video the way the girls literally in tears and a few fainting, and then on the other side of the coin you have songs like Across the Universe, Let it Be, Eleanor Rigby, Hey Jude, All you need is love, are just a few to mention.

Unlike many rock bands, though the base music was pop and rock the beatles explored various music styles and blended good old rock and roll with it.
Eleanor Rigby - amazing music arrangement, listen to the violins and the cellos, like icing on the cake the lyrics are so poetic which describes the lonely life of Eleanor Rigby a "Fictious " character.

Another beautiful album of the Beatles is Let it be, This is the last album of the beatles before they split in 1970, the album has some of their best songs like Let it be, Long and winding road, Across the Universe, Get Back and others.

After the Band split in 70, each member of the band had a solo career and were successful as the band.

As of today only 2 of the Beatles live Paul Mc Cartney and Ringo Starr, George Harrison Died in 2001 he suffered from lung cancer and John Lennon was shot dead in 1980 at the age of 40.

Discography (source wikipedia)

A few songs one SHOULD listen to are

Across the universe
Let it be
Eleanor rigby
While my guitar gently weeps
Help
Yesterday
Hello
Come Together (covered by many including Aerosmith)

And the Beatles live on ...

Expressed here is my view of the Band, do comment on it ...

No comments:

Post a Comment